Version 1.9 beta Now Available
We have been hard at work on WP BackItUp version 1.9 and today we are thrilled to announce that 1.9 is getting very close to being complete with the first beta version now ready for testing.
1.9 contains many user experience and performance improvements, some bug fixes, but most importantly WP BackItUp 1.9 will provide scheduled backups. We have received so many emails requesting scheduled backups over the past few months that we stopped everything we were working on and moved scheduling to the top of the list. You spoke and we listened so keep the feature request coming, we love hearing from you.
Version 1.9 will allow you to pick which day of the week you want to run your backup. Pick Friday, Saturday or every day of the week if you like, and WP BackItUp will make sure your site is backed up. If you have email notifications turned on then we’ll even send you an email letting you know that your backup was run.
And we didn’t stop with scheduling. We’ve also included a number of user experience and performance improvements as well. So if you are one of those brave souls that likes to run beta software then take it for a test drive now.
Installing & Testing the Beta
Installing the beta is pretty simple but please take note of the important details below:
- Download WP BackItUp 1.9 Beta here. This file is named wp-backitup1.8.5.zip for now but will be renamed to 1.9 with the final release.
- Delete and deactivate WP BackItUp on your web site. Don’t worry, all your backups and settings will not be removed.
- Install the beta on your website. This is performed via the dashboard just like any other plugin install, however, you must use the upload plugin option. Please make sure to upload the wp-backitup1.8.5.zip file you downloaded in step 1.
- Test each feature of the plugin as best you can. Some example tests you could run are:
- Backup your site
- Schedule backups to run at least a few times per week
- Try backups with logging off and on
- Turn email notifications on.
- Set your backup retention limits
We will continue testing and tracking down any issues we find, but any assistance that you can lend is greatly appreciated.
If you find any issues with the beta or have any feedback please email using the support form on this site.